Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello JUNE...

Hello JUNE... special days are coming and the countdown starts now! 

Day 1.. When all the days seem less different because of the restless routines I splurged on endlessly. June 1st - walking, running, sitting, waiting, eating, reading and a whole lot of exercise. But, what makes it different was being with someone I get along with for the past 8 years. No, of course this is not the first time we had this moment together, it's just that we haven't got the chance to do this again since the day I gave birth to our second baby. My husband and I love being "Us" - doing the things we both enjoy together like staying at Powerbooks or National Bookstore for an hour or two, reading stuff that feeds our interests. Interests like - he actually reads pugadbaboy (yes, he digs this! haha) and books like magic the gathering, etc., something that is really worth his time, he always amazes me with his fascination on those kinds of good read, he's being him - unique. And as for me, he never fails to find me at the art and architecture section or the place where I can't take my eyes off - the food section! lol. After an hour of having our hearts set into reading, I never thought that an eccentric and sumptuous meal is waiting.
The Lunch Date of Day 1
One sweet thing that my Husband always makes me do the double take.. is when he surprises me with a date (It could be an early morning surprise, a breakfast with a smile.. a lunch with a big meal or a romantic dinner with a sweet hug, not to forget a delivery for a midnight snack). And for yesterday's lunch, it is unexpected, as always, if it's a date... lol.. It was our second time to dine in that resto (I did post this in facebook, but got the wrong name of the restaurant unintentionally.. simply because I got the surprise hangover.. hehe). Well, I stand corrected, the name of the restaurant is Sultan Mediterranean Grill- their menu specializes in Indian foods such as keema, kebab, curry and other delightful spiced dishes. Sultan Mediterranean Grill can be spotted in Valero Plaza, Salcedo Village, Makati, a 10-15 minute walk from PBcom Ayala. The place is great, the food is amazing, and this is where we love having an iced tea bottomless for 2-3 rounds.. lol. For lunch, it's jam-packed there! The people just drop like flies and I believe a bigger place is recommended. Our lunch - a blast! and it made me appreciate our marriage, friendship, and love immeasurably. 
An Afternoon Bonding of Day 1
When being out makes me go crazy thinking of my kids at home happens all the time. I always feel like I'm in a hurry to go home, but in my mind I still want to have an alone time. After the "Us" moment, I know that I just had to go home and check on my two babies. When I finally arrived in our hive of activities, I didn't even had the time to change my clothes, I miss Kodi and Amika so much that I just need to be with them right away. An hour of pampering for Amika and letting her sit on my lap is happiness, then another hour of hustle and bustle playtime with Kodi. My afternoon bondings with my kids are not odds and ends that I'll keep in my drawer. Every minute, every hour is priceless, sometimes it could be tiring, mad and frustrating, but these are all part of being a family.
And this is worth its weight in gold :) Priceless :) A cut above the rest :)

Please forgive me for the blurred photos, I did not bring my cam with me, so I have to use my mobile phone instead to take a sneak shot of these dishes:) 
Enjoy 

Sultan Mediterranean Grill's Beef Kebab Plate and Keema with Bottomless Iced Tea

A taste of Keema about to say adieu
A better look at the sumptuous Beef Kebab Plate



No comments: