Thursday, June 16, 2011

Extended Stop-over at Powerbooks, Greenbelt


After a jiffy amazement on the sightly bright orange Koi fish at Greenbelt park. My 3 year old boy wants to see more than that (besides the endless "pangugulit" of "maman" - in which I think that it is a sweet persuasive word simply created for our toddlers to convince them in drinking water.. lol). So, I decided to take him to Powerbooks, because I know he's always fascinated with children's books and some superheroes on the cover of the graphic novel books. It was my first time to visit the store, at first look, I stood still and was seriously gazing on every corner of the store. Then, my son grabbed me and took me upstairs, and I was so surprise to see that it was much more lovely there. Leather cushion seats are situated in different areas. Bookstands are placed in distant angles, which creates space for walking along or reading while standing. The floor is made of white ceramic tiles, while other areas are carpeted. The best thing about the interior was the floor to ceiling windows, which made nature come inside. Also, I love the way that some books are stacked on the floor. And for Kodi, he got his own spot, he was busy placing Thomas and his friends trains on their track. They were actually adorable, because they were made of wood, looks so vintage..lol. And because he was super enjoying the wood trains, I got the time to take photos of some interesting nooks and subjects. So, the next time you pass by Powerbooks in greenbelt, dive in and read a two or three of your favorite books while having your kids read, enjoy and play at the children's section.

Rated!
Experience and Whatsoever: ☻☻☻☻
Interior and other exposed nooks: ☻☻☻☻
Interestingly page by page: ☻☻☻☻
Courtesy check: ☻☻☻

Figured!
☻☻☻☻ For a well-spaced establishment 



THE SPACE WITH A BULK OF INFORMATION, YET COZY AND RELAXED.


LOOK AT HOW MY BOY LOVES THE PLACE.. FUN AND LEARNING IN ONE PACKAGE


SMALL SUBJECTS WORTH THE FOCUS.. SO CUTE.. 
THESE ARE "THOMAS AND HIS FRIENDS" LITTLE 
WOODEN TRAIN TOYS.



Note: All Photographs are owned by the Author







4 comments:

Michelle said...

I loooooove book stores! And I love how homey this one sounds! :-)

Odessa Matias said...

ayt michelle, bookstores give us the good feeling and pleasure of being comfy.. thanks michelle.. hugs :)

Iris said...

hey dropping by =)

It's kind of like Fully Booked at The Fort. I've been to Powerboks Greenbelt only once, but I'm a Fully Booked customer all the way eh =)

Odessa Matias said...

Hi Iris, I've been to fullybooked as well..what I like about their space is that they got a contemporary look. And the books my hubby love, most of them, he digs it there :) btw, thanks a lot for taking the time to read on my blog and comment.. ^^