Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TICKLED PINK



It's a little crazy for me to indulge on a shade that reflects universal love. I never liked "pink" before! I thought it was something too girly for me.. I feel like its mood sets me back to my junior senior prom when all the girls wear pink with embroidered lace dress. I find it too much of a lady-like impression. Somehow one's gestures has to complement with its femininity  and this was like a sticker stuck in my forehead! So, from then on I hated pink. I introduced myself into a shade that is more likely to match my sunny yet reserved manner. However, lately I was slowly baring the sweetness and softer side of its shade. Pink is blushing my eyes with cotton candies, striped wallpapers, bubble gums, floral design bags, chibi sketch planners and my baby in pink onesies.

Pink neutralizes clutter in what I think and see. It engages me into a caring and tenderness being. The feeling of calmness and relaxation is seemly natural and I'm always *tickled pink whenever I see its sundry shades.

It is amazing to know how every shades and hues of colors stimulate what we perceived. And it does not only reflect in what we feel but also on how we think. Thus, colors are very significant in design, because they have distinctive shades that convey different meaning, effect and impression.

Note:
 "Tickled pink" means happy and content
 "In the pink" means being healthy




PHOTOGRAPHS are all owned by the author. 




No comments: