Monday, June 27, 2011

Parenting: Back to School



It's back to school for my 3 year old boy. And, it's always a delight to buy school stuff for my son and prepare them. For moms like me, we want to make sure that everything is nifty and organized. Names are well-placed in every corner of the books, notebooks, envelopes, etc., I even put names on every color of the crayons, lol, this is in case if he left any at school, his teachers and classmates will easily know that it belongs to my son. 
For now, I only bought things that are necessary and inexpensive stuff that he needed for school. We already have some of the requirements, so we didn't purchase much this time. And I'm so happy that I was able to keep the budget, only it went 50php beyond I expected, but it was worth it :) So, here goes the list.

Colored Paper 
Single Box of Crayons provided
Mongol Pencil #1 
Elmer's glue 
Scissors provided
Rags provided
Clay provided 
Drawing book 
Water Color 
Folder with fastener 
Pentel pen provided
Cartolina 
Manila paper 
Colored Envelope for Boys (Blue) 

And there goes my big savings, 9 out of 14 :)
So, moms the next time you buy stuff for your kids don't let it go to waste, keep them inside an enclosed storage to maintain its value. You can then use it next school year ;)

new and old stuff 

Books provided by the School

Single crayons for school and "so big" crayons for home study

new bag - gift from mamita

Look at the eraser, It has kodi's name as well :)

The red pen is mine, I use this for checking Kodi's activities at home

water color in transparent and with two brushes, because Kodi likes everything by two's :)

It's nice to have envelopes like these, makes the children learn the alphabet anytime they carry it.

Make sure to buy more than one or two pencils, always a clever to have an extra ;)

yes i know, even the scissors got kodi's name ^^

the many, the merrier :)

my super excited little student

with his adorable expression


Note: All photographs are owned by the author



5 comments:

Michelle said...

Your photos are amazinG!!!

Unknown said...

this post is truly adorable in my book:)) buying school supply time was also my favorite part of education when i was young. haha. loved the smell of all the new shiny things together. your son looks so happy:))


come visit me sometime?

xx
eden

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

I've always been a fan of school stuff! love the shots


Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Odessa Matias said...

@michelle thanks mitch :))

@eden thank you.. it is always exciting to dive in with my son for school stuff.. ^^

Odessa Matias said...

@lyosha.. i totally agree.. thanks :)